Want to trade at GRUB?

If so that's great news! We're always on the look out for new traders as we want our visitors to enjoy the widest range of top street food as often as possible and we're always looking to put on more events in more and more locations so we need a never ending supply of smashing traders!

What is GRUB looking for?

Primarily we're looking for proper, independent, passionate street food traders who cook amazing food and work within the ethos of the street food community. That last bit basically means you're in this to be part of the amazing community of traders and events, you're always happy to help your colleagues and you work hard with organisers to make events as successful and stress free as you can. Community not competition is the idea.

Beyond that we're looking for traders that have some social media skills and can present their amazing food in a pleasing way as well as deliver top class customer service to every single guest.  As a rule we also require all traders to supply great veggie and vegan menu items (unless there's a really good reason you can't!) to make sure everyone can join in the fun. On top of that we are looking for authentic, unique food that our visitors can't get anywhere else so if there are already lots of chefs cooking your food we'll pass (unless you do it ten times better than our current traders!).

What isn't GRUB looking for?

We aren't looking for traders that see street food as a way to make a quick buck by delivering high volumes of poor quality food at a high price because it's 'trendy'. We're not looking for restaurants and bars who want to get in to street food, if you've already got any connection to bricks and mortar premises then it's very unlikely we'd work with you because to us that isn't street food. We're not looking for PR companies who want to start a street food van to push a brand.

What do we need from you to trade?

To begin trading at GRUB the first thing you'll need is at least a Twitter account full of smashing pictures of your food. It doesn't matter if they're not glossy professional photos and it doesn't matter if you haven't traded yet and you need to take the pictures at home on your phone as long as they make us hungry!  It's important you are on social media as that is the main way we promote our events and we'd much rather that we all promote each other and the events as a community than pay a PR company to do it for us (also allows us to keep pitch fees low!). Once you've got that drop us an email by clicking here and tell us a little more about what you do and send us those links. If we're all happy then we'll add you to our trader listing so whenever we have a spot you'll be in consideration. Once you're booked on to an event we'll need all your paperwork which looks like this...

- Proof of registration as a food business
- Up-to-date food hygiene rating (if available)
- Food process documentation including risk assessment and method statement
- Public liability insurance policy
- Gas safe certificates
- PAT testing certificates
- Copy of proposed menu

Where can you get help starting out?

If you're only just getting going and you're not quite sure how you get all those documents above then probably the best place to start is NCASS. If you click here you'll head off to the NCASS website which provides lots and lots of useful information for free but if you are serious about trading we couldn't recommend enough joining the organisation so that they can not only help you get going in the most stress free fashion but also keep you trading safe going forward. 

Please also feel free to drop us an email and we'll be more than happy to help you any way we possibly can!